Friday, April 8, 2011

Dog Books and Movies

I started reading "A Dog's Purpose" by W. Bruce Cameron this week.  I was sobbing by the end of the first chapter - on an airplane no less, a little airplane,  the Embraer ERJ 145.  One where a sobbing person is noticed by all 49 other people packed in the sardine can.  Albeit a wonderfully designed sardine can with awesome propulsion power.  


Sobbing is a sign of a highly engaging book - but not wanting to appear emotionally distressed on the plane, I put it away and began to watch a movie on the Ipad.  


But for some reason, I really wanted to a dog movie at the time.  Actually I wanted to watch "Turner and Hooch."  with Tom Hanks and the gorgeous Dogue de Bordeaux.   I haven't seen that movie in years. Or maybe "The Sandlot" (another awesome mastiff) or even some "Best in Show."   Might have to watch a movie or two this weekend. 


So I thought I'd ask:


What's your favorite dog-themed movie or book?  


Post your answers in the comments, I'd love to find out what you would watch over and over.  

No comments:

Post a Comment